Linda Solon partners with organizations to improve their performance in three areas: learning/organizational development, salesforce enablement, and building customer loyalty. In her current consulting work, she draws on nearly twenty years of experience with clients and in operational leadership roles.
Recent engagements include:
- Supporting a leading insurance provider’s culture shift through a bi-monthly webcast series; role includes designing the webcasts, coaching top performers to present best practices, introducing managers to the content, and moderating small and large group webcasts (15-300 salespeople)
- Conducting a global technology company’s customer loyalty survey, analyzing and presenting the data, and facilitating the leadership team’s planning process to act on the findings
- Helping multiple professional services firms define and implement consultative sales and marketing strategies
- Leading a team in a large-scale initiative to define and implement a major information services provider’s client experience strategy
- Supporting a major publisher’s shift to the consultative sale of online products; Role included developing a sales toolkit with strategic positioning and training materials to support the launch of a new online offering
- Concepting and developing the content for an e-learning company’s annual customer conference, and facilitating that conference, forging stronger and more productive client relationships
Previously, Linda was Director of Global Account Management and Consulting at GlobalEnglish Corporation, a provider of online learning and support for English as a second language. In this role, she was integral in the development of GlobalEnglish’s go-to-market strategy and led the team responsible for all post-sale corporate customer relationships worldwide. Under her leadership, the organization achieved 100% renewal of existing business with 50-100% growth across all accounts.
As Director of Corporate Business Development at GlobalEnglish, Linda built the US-based sales organization. She coached international Country Managers in learning implementation and e-learning strategy development. As a part of building the sales organization infrastructure, she created and led the first training programs for new partners and salespeople from 10 countries. Her work developing the market strategy and plan targeting US-based multinational organizations resulted in the acquisition of 30+ US-based global corporate clients in 18 months.
Before joining GlobalEnglish, Linda was a Vice President with The Forum Corporation, a global training and consulting firm based in Boston, MA. At Forum, Linda led sales and relationship management, consulting, and project leadership efforts. Focusing in the areas of change management and brand implementation, Linda conducted employee and customer research and used the results to help clients define the most effective ways to achieve their business goals. As a part of these initiatives, Linda designed and led alignment and training sessions with executive teams and employees at all levels.
Linda’s clients have included Gilead Sciences, Chubb, Pfizer, Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, SAP, Citigroup, The Vanguard Group, Charles Schwab, McGraw-Hill, and Experian.
Linda graduated summa cum laude from James Madison University and earned a Master of Education degree with a concentration in adult learning and organizational behavior from Harvard University.
Free Tools and Assessments
This web-based self-assessment is based on a sub-set of the Best Practices of leading Service Profit Chain companies. Assessment results will be produced immediately upon completion. MORE
A powerful, research-based system that dramatically improves customer satisfaction and loyalty. Learn strategy, management practices and customer service tactics to out-perform your competitors. MORE
THE OWNERSHIP QUOTIENT
Hundreds of large organizations around the world have used the groundbreaking Service Profit Chain to improve business performance. Now The Ownership Quotient reveals the next generation of the chain: customer and employee "owners"
of your business. MORE
THE CULTURE CYCLE
Discover how organizational culture evolves, how it can be shaped and sustained, how it fosters innovation, promotes survival in tough times and influences the success of global strategies. MORE